Sunday, January 29, 2017

Mad Over You - TheChocl8 Mix

Its hard to explain the creative process, when a great deal of it is something divine and unexplainable.

Music is a gift, every form of it takes practise and as my man Hector says in "The Hunt for the Wilderpeople"  something else called The Knack.

The first time I heard Mad Over You...like REALLY heard it, was at my mates in London.



That's when i decided that I would try and understand the song because I liked the style and the pre-chorus bit "That girl for the corner etc etc" kept ringing in my ears - it was just different.

Then i discovered a dude called S 'Bling on Youtube had made an instrumental...



 I said IT IS FINISHED. 


So I started to practise it when i got home and the next day I pressed record.




And here we are..

When you listen to it you see I kept most of his style but i made minor changes in lyrics and the flow, and i really emphasized that pre-chorus because it was my favourite bit of the song.

I think I gave it a sweeter feel and injected more R&B melodies and harmonies. 
When listening to the original I couldn't believe how many harmony opportunities my bro missed - i tried to maximise them in my cover.

Overall i really enjoyed this and this song will no doubt go down as a classic, just simple and beautiful, which is as much a credit to the producer as it is to the artist.

So Runtown My Man well done, you're truly leading the pack right now.

But try not to sleep on your boy, end of 2017 I will also be a problem. 

Thanks for reading guys, you can listen to my version below..feel free to leave a comment - I luvz the feedbacks,

Blessings.




No comments:

Post a Comment